SM5227 Tacky Tape
Tacky Tape® SM5227 is a highly elastic 100% solids, asbestos-free butyl tape with excellent surface tack specifically designed for sealing metal roof panel joints and Standing Seam Roof (SSR) end laps. Its superior surface tack allows it to adhere to metal substrates that are contaminated with light roll forming oil without pre-wiping the surface. It has excellent adhesion and compressibility to cold substrates. It is formulated without asbestos fillers.
It is available in various sizes supplied in ready-to-use rolls and pre-cut end lap pads for standing seam roof (SSR) applications. It is also available in double and triple bead rolls and end lap pads.
PLEASE NOTE THERE ARE SEVERAL OTHER SIZES NOT LISTED HERE THAT CAN BE SUPPLIED AS A SPECIAL ORDER. LET US KNOW WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR AND WE WILL SEND A QUOTE.
- Excellent adhesion to oily GALVALUME®, GALVALUME PLUS®, ACRYLUME®, ZINCALUME®, Kynar 500®, aluminum, aluminized steel, polyvinyl fluoride and siliconized polyester painted metal, concrete, FRP and glass
- No cracking or loss of adhesion at -40°F
- Service Temperature Range -40°F to 200°F
- Application Temperature Range -5°F to 120°F
- Elongation (ASTM C908) > 1000%
- Adhesive Tensile Strength (ASTM C907) 20 psi minimum
- Will resist fungal attack and not support mildew growth
- Meets AAMA 804-92 and 807-92 (this specification supersedes obsolete NAAMM Standard SS-1B-68)
- Meets ASTM E1680 Air Infiltration
- Meets ASTM E1646 Water Leakage